Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does PrimeroEdge have the ability to do a mass update of homeroom information after the initial student file has been imported?
Yes, each time your student file is imported it will update any information that has changed. If the homeroom field had previously been blank and it now contains data, the file would update the student records.
2. Are SSN’s required for PrimeroEdge to work?
No, SSN’s are not required or collected. Any SSN data provided will not be used.
3. Can we import a file and enter students manually?
Yes, a district may import an initial file and then maintain it manually including adding new students. It is not generally advisable to do both on an ongoing basis as any data updated on a student would be overwritten if the file contains different information. For example, if the file has Johnny’s address as “123 Happy Lane” and you manually change his address to “321 Happy Lane”, then the file will change it back to “123 Happy Lane”. When utilizing a file, it is most beneficial to ensure changes are handled properly in your Student Information System (SIS) so that the file will properly update your student records in PrimeroEdge.
4. My SIS exports grades as single digits (1, 2, 3, 4 etc.), not two digits (01, 02, 03, 04, etc.). Will I still be able to import a file into PrimeroEdge?
It is important that the student files follow the specifications exactly. Your IT Department or SIS vendor should be able to modify how the grades are exported so that your file will import properly.
5. How will we know if our student file is OK?
Each initial file that is placed in the implementation folder will be reviewed. If the file is acceptable the district will be notified to begin placing the file in the student folder. If the file needs correction you will be notified of the action that is required.
6. Can we start to place the files on the FTP now?
Yes, the instructions for accessing the FTP and the file guide that describes the specifications for the file are available upon request.
7. Where can I find Student Eligibility File Requirements?
All file requirements are available on the Documents section of this website.
8. Will there be an app for Mac?
Internet Explorer 9 or higher is required for Letters and Scanning. All other PrimeroEdge features can be used in a variety of other browsers including Safari, Firefox, and Chrome.
PrimeroEdge Student Data Webinar - Frequently Asked Questions - This is a set of FAQ from the Student Data webinars presented.